1.23.2015

Ever Heard Of A Creative Meeting?

This post was originally posted on my personal blog this morning, but I feel like this is something I could go a little more in depth on here, so I'm sharing again! 


I know what your thinking? What on Earth is a creative meeting?! Is this something I should be doing for my business? Let me just start out by saying that I didn't really know what it was until my friend Erin mentioned having one. Last year she started ByErinCreativeCo, and I couldn't be more proud of her! She has always been there for me to give me opinions when I get stuck, and now we just bounce ideas off of each other left and right! Erin and I decided that it would be a great idea for us to have a video meeting once a month where we bounce ideas off of each other, and discuss product ideas/goals. We both do this with our husbands daily, but to do it with each other face to face was just such a great idea!

Just to give you an idea of what you could discuss in your own creative meeting, these are some of the topics we touched base on. 
  • Product goals for January! - for me this includes adding etsy designs and finishing a certain number of custom blogs
  • Social Media - we discussed the importance of each platform to our business. I have discovered that I have desperately got to get better at all forms of social media for this little site of mine. 
  • Google Analytics - getting advice on using it! I have to admit it's all confusing to me.
  • Time Management - every business owner needs to learn time management! I am still struggling with this! 

This first weekend in January we had our very first creative meeting, and I had a blast! At first we just talked about any and everything, but we eventually got down to business! We discussed things that we felt were important to us and that we wanted opinions on for our business, and then gave the other person open and honest opinions. This whole meeting is to get the other persons perspective. Any and all input is wanted! 

When we started the meeting, I had absolutely no idea what to talk about, but as it went on I started a list and it grew! By the end of the meeting I walked away with new ideas, and new insights on what I should be doing! Now I am already looking forward to next months meeting! Sometimes it is so great to have the opportunity to work with other business owners and get their input! Erin is a genius for coming up with the idea if you ask me!

If you are a business owner and have someone that you can do something like this with, then I highly recommend it! I walked away from this meeting feeling rejuvenated and ready to kick it into gear! 

No comments: